March 22, 2016

£1.05 update

Since writing the previous post the actual stamps have arrived for the £1.05 definitive issue. The Regionals are much like you'd expect. There is something quite magical about the Northern Ireland printing which really makes the embroidery look wonderful. I shall have to look at previous issues again as I don't remember it looking that interesting before! Assuming that it is my memory (again) playing tricks on me then these are the same designs as before with new values. One day the new values might actually be the same as some that have already been issued! This is beginning to develop into quite a series itself now.




Looking at the £1.05 gooseberry stamp then I need to point out that I can detect no cream colour in the value tablet which the Royal Mail site image I shared appeared to show. I am pretty sure it is just the creamy-white background colour of the paper itself.

I have, of course, realised, before I get a myriad emails, that the I style of number 1 has been around for years and years and years and, indeed, is obvious right on this page in the 31p design! Interestingly, though, someone reckoned that the Regionals should have a 1 type, albeit in a different font for each nation for some reason I shall probably never understand.




No comments:

Post a Comment