October 02, 2014

And another font for Post and Gos!

Right, pay attention. There is another Post and Go font. I am calling it type IV for the time being as I have already used up III* and the idea was that the one with the * would soon disappear and I could carry on calling everything just III but it hasn't worked out that way.

Below are the III* fonts on current issues from NCR machines:



Now here are the new, narrower fonts from Royal Mail Series B machines that I'm calling type IV:




For comparison, here's the one I thought would stick around which I called type III without an asterisk.


Stanley Gibbons Catalogue will probably just call all these Type III, of course. I am really hoping that we are just going to see types III* and IV on the same labels and not further variations. 




No comments:

Post a Comment