March 09, 2017

New Horizon labels

I hadn't been paying much attention to the labels on most parcels that I get nowadays. In place of the gold labels the white ones have been a familiar sight now for some time. Then I noticed another, much cleaner variety, for which I have now had a couple of examples.



These are much easier to read and the label is slightly smaller, 55mm x 60mm instead of 59mm x 65mm. The 'postmark' graphic reminding us that it is a single use only label has gone and the space used for an extended address reference, now including the start of the street name and there is a new code running vertically in the bottom right corner.

Below are some examples of the various labels I have received in the older format.


  



The shades do seem to vary quite a lot, from an almost colourless grey through grey-green to a distinctly brown flavour. They may not have the charm of Machins but are quite interesting none the less. And they don't require me to examine my bank balance every month!

No comments:

Post a Comment